Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Humor? Me?

Okay, here are a couple of funny ha!ha! moments.  Hope you get a laugh ... even a chuckle out of them.

First Funny
We are driving down Main Street (or the 101) in Tillamook for our first time.  Gary's behind the wheel and I'm the "navigator"/passenger.  So I look up and I say, "Oh, wait, there's a visitor's center!"  Well, I said that just as we were driving right on by so Gary takes a left, left, and left to get back to the visitor's center.  Well, the sign actually read, "Tillamook Vision Center", not "visitor's" center.  Boy, did we have a laugh over that one.  You'd think I might need new glasses ... BUT WAIT ... I just got new glasses :(

Second Side-splitter
Most of the time, I am the "navigator", working on my skill training to earn my merit badge.  It's not going too well.  I used my computer to locate a nearby pet store.  The dogs need new "lost pet" tags because their old ones have a phone number no longer in service and an address that doesn't belong to us anymore.  So, I locate a pet store using my computer and put the address in my whiz-bang phone's navi and off we go.  Well, what should have been six minutes away is now 20 minutes away (it's readjusted itself to our actual location) and we are in the middle of this intense traffic jam (that was on par to any traffic jam in LA) of people trying to get on the local freeway.  So I start trying to find pet stores that are closer and kind of keep rerouting us with not much success.  So, I say to Gary, "It doesn't look like I'm going to get my navigation merit badge anytime soon, does it?"  And he says to me, "You're merit badge was hanging from a string, and I think you just cut it!"   I think it's going to take awhile before I can get that merit badge back on my shirt.  

No comments:

Post a Comment