Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Is it mearly a figment of our imagination?

Very soon you’re going to see my play on words in the title … right now you’re probably thinking I’m a horrible speller … I think not!

Last Friday while still on the Oregon coast, we decided to venture once again to Cape Meares to see if we could see the lighthouse.  We tried two days before and it was so foggy and drizzly (because of the thick fog) that we drove up and then drove away.  What’s the point of walking .2 of a mile and then not see anything?  Yeah, yeah, I know it was only .2 of a mile, but the weather was really, really, crappy.
This time, however, it was spectacular.  It was a beautiful, clear day without a hint of fog, although it did have the obligatory Oregon coast wind.  Here’s a picture of Gary and me at the lighthouse followed by a picture of just the lighthouse.
If Cape Meares had been socked in again today, we would have mearly called it quits and given up.  It really wasn’t that far from the RV park, but let’s face it, you can trust the weather on the Oregon coast to not always cooperate.
 
On the walk back (which is now uphill, I might add), we took some photos of the spectacular coastal views afforded by the cape.
Then we walked across the parking lot to take a peek at the famous (I’m using the word lightly here) Octopus tree.  Who would want to miss out on that?
I took a picture of these trees (below) because I love the way the ivy wraps itself around the tree trunks swirling all the way up.  It just looks cool.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment