Saturday, September 7, 2013

Raindrops keep falling on my head ...

But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turnin' red
Crying's not for me
Cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complainin'
Because I'm free
Nothing's worrying me.
      Lyrics by:  Burt Bacharach


That’s how I was feeling about Idaho!  I think the weather followed us here, and our first few days were touch-and-go with intermittent rain showers and thunderstorms.  It turned out somewhat okay because day #1 (the day we arrived), I got my hair cut and then I took Gary on a reconnaissance mission to Cabela’s in Post Falls.  I had seen a number of Cabela’s stores in my travels around the country and I knew I had to get into one someday.  We don’t fish or hunt, but we still spent two hours wandering around that huge store. 

Cabela’s is an event, not just a shopping destination!  They had this amazing HUGE fresh water tank filled with all kinds of trout.  They have numerous wild game displays throughout the store.  They have more camouflage clothing and gear than you even knew could ever exist—for both men and women.  They have a cafĂ©.  They have a home and cabin section—cool stuff there.  A nice clothing section (that includes clothing in colors other than camo). They had an archery practice area in the bow and arrow section which got Gary’s juices flowing.  He used to be into archery many (and I mean many) years ago.   It would be a great hobby for him to get back into and something I could actually do with him.  Who knows, maybe we’ll be archery experts in our old age (ha!ha!).  Oh the things you do for love!

Was it all for naught?  Oh no!  We did find Gary a nice pair of leather moccasins. 

Nancy (my sister) gave us a really good suggestion, and that is to remove our shoes before entering the RV to preserve our carpet.  She has a home carpet cleaner and when we were there, she cleaned our carpets for us.  It’s such a small carpeted area for two dogs and two humans, and even with the two rugs we have on the floor, the carpet gets dirty quickly.  We also bought this basket to keep by the door, but here in Idaho with all the rain, it’s been inside and not being used much.  We’re struggling trying to incorporate this new habit into our lifestyle.  Gary keeps his moccasins right inside the door so he can remove his shoes and slip into his mocs in to time at all … when he remembers!  Actually, he’s calling them his slippers. But I digress from Cabela’s! 

We also signed up for the Cabela’s VISA card that includes points.  Apparently it is the #1 rated VISA.  Cabela’s is so large they actually have their own bank … who knew??  So now I’m using the credit card for everything to accumulate points.  You’ll never find a Cabela’s in California because there isn’t one.  However, if you’re into hunting, fishing, shooting, boating or camping, you’ll find something at Cabela’s that you will most definitely NEED.  I guarantee it!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment